2.12.2018

market dress

it's been a really long time since i've posted anything on this blog! i've been sticking to instagram for posting things - you can follow me if you'd like, i'm katfay
anyways, i'm trying to work on more projects again and sew more this year. i've been wanting to make this market/frock dress for quite some time. it's simplicity 1080. i made a couple small adjustments to the pattern. i really don't like dresses that tie in the back - they're a bit painful, am i right? so i changed that out for an elastic cincher. i also started off by making my fabric using fat quarters and patchworking it together. this was a quick, easy project to make and it has a lot of room for error for sizing which is usually my biggest challenge with sewing my own clothes. and because i didn't line up my patchwork perfectly in one spot i hand stitched on some cute trim to hide that misalignment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest email me