12.04.2015

star wars diy gifts

Alex has a great teacher this year (she has had great teachers every year thus far actually.) His favorite movie is Star Wars! and obviously, we just love Star Wars as well, so we made a few items to give to Alex's teacher as part of his holiday gift. you can't see it in the picture except for a corner of it, but I also designed and printed and sewed an R2D2 tea towel for him. I drew a cute little Chewbacca and had him printed and I sewed him into a bean bag doll - Alex likes to help me pour the bean bag pellets into the dolls when I make them. I also poured some concrete death stars. I glued on some little rubbery feet on the bottom and painted the bottom half silver. I think that will make a nice little desk adornment or paper weight. and finally, Alex and I made him a little Star Wars terrarium in a ball jar. we used little micro machine Obi Wan and Darth Vader characters for the scene. we do have a couple of other small items to add to the gift, but for a Star Wars fan I am hoping he will love this handmade gift set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest email me